Stratosphere Hotel Rooms
The Stratosphere hotel is well known for being the cheap place to stay in Las Vegas. It's highly recommended for visitors who will only use their room for crashing out every night. The rooms are clean, accesible, and reasonably priced. It's also a great location for thrill seekers, as the tower contains four thrill rides and the roller coaster Speed is right down the block. The main drawback for most visitors will be proximity to the rest of the Strip... the Stratosphere is up at Sahara Boulevard, and the only places that are a reasonable walking distance away are the Sahara Hotel and Circus Circus . Interestingly enough, plenty of tourists to make the hike from the South Strip to the North... once. "It seemed so much closer than it is," they say.
Are there hotel rooms at the top of the Stratosphere Tower? There are no hotel rooms in the tower itself. They are all between floors 1-25 in the main building.
The Stratosphere is currently adding a "resort fee" of $7.50 per night to all room reservations.
What's a resort fee? As a measure to fight the recession, most of the Strip casinos have added an almost-hidden charge to their hotel bills. Usually, the resort fee is claimed to pay for the use of the phone in the guest room, the fitness center and pool, or in-room internet service, but the fee is not optional, and will be charged regardless of service usage. The Stratosphere is not alone in this, so read the fine print of any hotel.
Stratosphere's room categories:
The most basic of the Stratosphere's hotel accommodations, the guestrooms are also among the cheapest on the Strip. At 350-400 square feet from smallest to largest, these rooms don't offer a lot of space for large groups or feng shui, but they do offer plenty of savings. Prices can leap from $40 to $400, however, depending on what convention is in town, what holiday it is, and how full the hotel is expected to be.
- Deluxe Guestroom - 350 square feet. Beautified in 2005. Desk/work area.
- Pool Level Premier Guestroom - 365 square feet. Close to pool.
- Strip View Premier Guestroom - 365 square feet. Strip views.
- Tower Premier Guestroom. Located on the higher floors.
- Luxury Spa Guestroom - 340 square feet. Oversized jetted garden tub. Luxury king bed.
- Luxury Oversized Studio - 396 square feet. Higher floors, double windows. Dry bar.
At around 700 square feet, these "mini suites" are the same size as the Encores' "suites," so don't worry about the prefix. They're not huge, but they do consist of two rooms separated by a door, so the sense of privacy and variety remains intact.
The variety between the types of mini-suites is most visible in the entryways, where some have marble foyers and some have none. The higher end accommodations have big tubs with jets, separate showers, and more than one bed.
- Luxury Grand Suite - One bedroom with separate living room/dining area. Wet bar.
- Romance Suite - 700 Square feet. Marble entrance. Luxury king bed. Oversized bathroom, jetted garden tub, double wash basins, seating area, two TVs, refrigerator.
- Strip View Star Suite - Marble entrance. Sitting area. Spa tub. Separate shower.
- Luxury Tower Suite - Marble entrance. Spa tub. Sitting area. 2 queen beds. Sofa bed. Up to 6 people.
As with most hotels, the higher you go, the better the rooms become. The smallest premier suite is 980 square feet, and the largest is a full 2,165 square feet.
These collections of rooms come with dining room tables, wet bars, kitchen staging areas, plenty of sofas, multiple beds including pullout sofas, full baths, refrigerators, and even a powder room in the Premier Suite.
Presidential Suite - 980 square feet. Dining room, living room. sofa bed. Separate shower. Bathtub. Wet bar.
- Penthouse Suite - 1,950 square feet. Living room, dining room, bedroom with its own living room. Wet bar. Marble entrance.
- VIP Suite - 1,550 square feet. Two living rooms with two sofas. Large wet bar with seats. Kitchen staging area. Refrigerator. Full bath. Can connect to star suite.
- Premier Suite - 2,165 square feet. Dining room. 2 living rooms. Large wet bar with seats. Kitchen staging area. Refrigerator. Full bath. Powder room. Marble entrance.